Sunday, April 27, 2008

StarStruck

The Jazz could have ended their series last not, but instead lost game 3. So instead of getting a huge break the team is headed to Houston which means this thing will probably drag out to six games. At least they won game 4.

While I was at the game I was standing in the team tunnel when someone came and started talking to me. We were chatting a little about the game, but I did not know who I was talking to because they were standing behind me. When I finally turned to address the person I realized it was Jeff Hornacek. We talked for almost the entire fourth quarter.

Since I have started my internship with the Jazz I feel that I have been very professional. I have not been awestruck by many of the players I have dealt with. Don't get me wrong because it is exciting to be around the players, but I understand that I have a job to do.

Talking to Jeff Hornacek was completely different. He is the one I watched in high school and was a part of the playoff team that went to the finals. For the first time I was really startstruck.

No comments: