Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Getting an Idea

In my public relations classes we have had a number of guest speakers. Each of them are professionals from the industry and have given different advice. There are a couple of things that each one of them has said that are consistent.

1. Get an internship
2. Viral marketing is the next big thing

The last thing I want to do is more school, but I have decided that I want to get ahead in the game. Therefore I would like to announce that I am going to apply for grad school immediately and will be.....I can't even finish that sentence. It's not true anyway.

My plan is to actually start taking some web design classes in the summer. I am also going to learn how to post videos on youtube, maybe set up a myspace profile, and mess around with Second Life. Everyone keeps telling me that with those kinds of skills I will be ahead of the game, and it sounds more fun that more classes.

As far as an internship goes...I think I have enough work experience to be able to jump into an entry level position, at least. Besides, that is what an internship turns into anyway.

So wish me luck! I want to leave college and start making the big bucks, but I have realized that without viral marketing I am nothing.

No comments: