Thursday, March 6, 2008

Pretty Excited

This semester has been very informative. I already mentioned that many teachers and guest speakers are encouraging us to get internships. While I don't have time for an internship I did take some advice from a guest speaker and this is what transpired.

I got the number for the Director of Communications (fancy title for PR Guy) at the Utah Jazz from one of our guest speakers, who was the Jazz PR guy for 20+ years. I gave him a call and left a message. I wasn't sure whether or not he was really going to call me back. These guys are pretty busy.

Last night as I was watching the Jazz game I got a phone call. It was the PR Guy. He was calling me on a game night. I was impressed. We have a meeting set up for tomorrow. I am just going to take him to lunch and pick his brain about the industry. Hopefully I will get some good direction, but even more I hope to impress him. It would be neat to shadow him and learn about what he does. Then maybe he would see that I could be an asset to the team.

My wife was so awesome and encouraging. We discussed some things that I could discuss over lunch, but more than anything she was very supportive. What a perfect woman (I am so lucky).

My fingers are crossed. I want to stay in the professional sports industry. Lots of opportunities ahead. Watch out because here I come!

2 comments:

Meghan said...

I am excited for you. We are hoping to get Fuller into professional sports one day too. It is our retirement plan.

maeveinthecity said...

post something new