Thursday, February 7, 2008

Mystery Meat

The weekend was absolutely nuts! I am surprised that all of us survived.

Being married is a wonderful thing, and this past weekend brought a whole new meaning to marriage. Friday night after the wedding dinner Janelle mentioned that she was not feeling well, and as the night progressed it got worse and worse. Neither of us got any sleep because she was so sick and I was worried sick. Finally the next morning with a little convincing and some outside help Janelle conceded and we headed to the emergency room at LDS Hospital.

It was a very scary experience for me sitting in the waiting room. A number of times I almost lost it because I had no clue what was going on. I tried calling mom, but she was out taking care of wedding stuff so I did not have a chance to talk to her. I am kind of glad because I am sure that I probably would have really let the faucet run.

When they finally called me into Janelle's room I was so relieved. She had suffered a severe case of food poisoning, and the doctor had set her up with an IV to replace a lot of fluids that she lost because of it.

We left the hospital with Janelle in one piece. Thank goodness! To my surprise and the surprise of everyone else she attended not only at the wedding but also the reception. She looked so beautiful that unless you knew the story you would not guess she was in the hospital that morning.

I am so grateful Janelle is fine. I really would not know what to do without her. It was a very scary moment for me, but now I have a greater love for her and everything she does for me.

NOTE: Don't eat the mystery meat at the LDS Business College. We think that is where it came from.

2 comments:

Meghan said...

She did look beautiful. What a trooper.

Kim Millard said...

Wow...that was the first I had heard this story! I am so sorry and I do have to agree that she is a trooper to go through all of that.