Sunday, February 10, 2008

Goodbye Friend

Tonight I got a phone call that I wish never would have come. A friend from high school called to let me know that one of my best friends from West had been shot and killed early this morning.

Bob Ramirez was a huge kid. He stood over 6' tall and was tough as a brick. During high school it was not uncommon to see myself, Chris, Mike, and Bob together all the time. Every single weekend we were together and he was the one who affectionately gave me the nickname 'poo hands' (It is a story for another time).

Apparently last night Bob was at a party and there was a fight. Someone pulled a gun and fired two shots. One of the rounds hit Bob in the back, and he did not make it to the hospital.

I saw Bob last week at the gym. We talked about getting together and having a BBQ or heading down to Scipio for a relaxing weekend with everybody. (Chris' parents own a house in Scipio, we went there a lot in high school)

Bob was one of the nicest guys I knew. This world is way too crazy, and I am still in shock over the whole thing. Going to a funeral for a best friend that is my same age is not something I look forward to. I am so lucky to have known him and look forward to seeing him again.

Here is the story on KSL:

Bob Ramirez

2 comments:

maeveinthecity said...

i cant believe that about bob! what a sweet guy, soo sad.

Silus Grok said...

Oh man... Sorry to hear. It's always hard to loose a peer. Harder, in many ways than loosing family. Hope you're alright.

PS... Great doing lunch with you and Jace yesterday. We'll have to that again, soon.