Sunday, May 11, 2008

MVP

The day before a Jazz game I get to put together media packets and take them around to the various hotels where the media are staying. All teams and most media stay at the Grand America hotel so it makes it fairly easy.

As I was dropping off the packets at the hotel I noticed someone in a driver service limo. I dismissed it as being one of the radio personalities for the Lakers and did not pay much attention. When we (I was with Janelle) pulled out onto the street I pulled up next to the Suburban. When I looked over I noticed Kobe Bryant sitting in the passenger seat with his window down.

What an opportunity to totally get in his head. Instead I talked to him about the game before and congratulated him on his MVP. I totally folded under pressure. I should have thought of something witty and rude, but how can you bag on one of the greatest basketball players ever? The guy practices so hard and it shows. He was super nice and very responsive so I can't complain.

Even with a lack of insults I still must have got in his head because we won.

GO JAZZ!!

No comments: